Hyderabad cricket team lost their opening game of the Ranji Trophy Plate League tournament in Jaipur by an innings and 256 runs. The first innings of Hyderabad team being the worst ever in the history of Ranji Tournament, the second innings also turned out to be a failure of the Hyderabadi batsmen.
Here are the details of the entire match against Rajasthan:
- First innings started on 1st November 2010. Rajasthan wins the toss and chooses to field.
- Hyderabad batting succumbs for a record low score of 21 runs in 15.3 overs and 78 minutes.
- The Rajasthani debutant medium-pacer Deepak Chahar bowls a superb spell and grabs 8 wickets in just 7.3 overs giving away only 10 runs.
- Rajasthan plays 72 overs by the end of the day and scores 220 runs loosing only 2 wickets.
- On second day of the match i.e., November 2nd – Rajasthan continues batting till 131.3 overs and scores 403 for all out. This is the end of Rajanthan’s first innings.
- The second innings of the match starts and by the end of the day – Hyderabad manages to play 24 overs and scores 64 runs loosing 6 wickets. Here, the poor performance of Hyderabad batsmen continues with the highest individual score being only 9 runs.
- The 3rd day of the match on 3rd November ends by Hyderabad getting all out for 126 in 39 overs.
- Chahar manages to take 4 more wickets in the match.
- Thus, Hyderabad managing itself into a humiliating defeat in hands of Rajasthan, gains 0 points for the tournament.
- Chahar is declared the Player of the Match.