Getting Your Air Cooler Ready for this Summer
It’s summer time! Let’s get our air cooler out from the storeroom and get it ready for use. The first thing that you should do is, check whether the cooler is in a working condition, because you will be using it after a gap of 7 to 8 months. So, there are chances of motor not running properly.
The second thing that you should do is clean the air cooler. Dust and germs will get accumulated in the air cooler. So, properly clean the exteriors and the interiors with a wet cloth.
Many of us, do not do it in the right way, may be we don’t know how to do it or we are lazy to do it. What ever the reason is, if the air cooler is not cleaned properly, it may not perform well or worse may affect one’s health badly. You need to clean the air cooler regularly to improve the efficiency of your cooler.
Hence, to keep your house and yourself cool and safe, proper cleaning of the air cooler is very important. To help you out, we have listed a few basic tips on how to clean an air cooler.
Tips to clean your air cooler
- It is advisable to disconnect the plug when cleaning the air cooler. If any internal electrical parts have loose connection, it may be dangerous.
- Open the air cooler and clean the dust and slime which got collected in the panels and filter pads using a brush.
- Pour some warm water in the water tank with mild detergent and scrub until it is completely cleaned and rinse the water tank with fresh water. Make sure you pat dry the water tank either with a towel or sponge.
- Change of cooling pads gives optimum cooling. It is better to replace the cooling pad every season or at least every alternate season. If the cooling pads are not changed for at least every 3 years, it may breed germs/bacteria and when the cooler is running, the pads give bad smell.
- Oil the motor so that it runs smoothly and quietly.
- Clean the fan blades of the air cooler using a soft damn cloth to wipe away dirt.
- During summer the amount of dust that comes is more and the dust gets easily stored in air cooler, better to clean it regularly.
Once the cleaning is done, fill the water tank with clean water and add 1 or 2 tablespoons of Lizol or Savlon to kill the left out germs and for a good odour. Avoid using local made perfumes, they are not of good quality and smell bad when the air cooler is running, and they don’t disinfect.
Now that you are ready with a clean air cooler, you need to know how to use it effectively.