Ganesh Processions – Traffic Restrictions in Hyderabad
Last Updated: 06-Sept-2013
To reduce traffic hassles, and maintain easy traffic-flow during Ganesh immersion procession on 18 Sept, the following restrictions are being imposed by the police. These restrictions may be extended if needed.
- Other than procession vehicles are not to be allowed in the main procession route between 9 am on 18 Sept and 8 am on 19 Sept.
- The main procession begins at Keshavagiri and goes via Nagulchinta, Aliabad, Charminar, Madina, Afzalgunj, MJ Market, Abids, Basheerbagh, Liberty, Upper Tank Bund and NTR Marg.
- From western side procession will join the main one at MJ Market and Secretariat-Telugu Talli statue.
- In Secunderabad, the procession goes via MG Road, RP Road, Karbala Maidan, Kavadiguda, Musheerabad Crossroad, RTC Crossroad, Narayanaguda Crossroad, Himayatnagar Y-Junction. This joins the main procession at Liberty.
- A procession from east (via Uppas Uppal, Ramanthapur, Amberpet, NCC (OU) and Durgabai Deshmukh Hospital) will join the main one at RTC crossroads.
- Inter-state and inter-district lorries are not permitted to enter the city on the night between 18-19 September.
Help Line numbers: 040-27852482, 040-27852486 and 9010203626
Vehicles other than procession ones will be diverted at the places as follows:
Keshavagiri-Mahaboobnagar Crossroads-Engine Bowli-Nagulchinta-Himmatpura-Hari Bowli-Asra Hopsital-Moghulpura-Lakkad Kote-Madina Crossroad-MJ Bridge-Dar-ul-Shifa-City College.
Chanchalguda Jail Crossroad-Moosarambagh-Chaderghat bridge-Salarjung bridge (Shivaji bridge)- Afzalgunj-Putlibowli Crossroad-Troop Bazar-Jambagh Crossroad-Andhra Bank Koti.
Tope Khana Mosque-Alaska Hotel Junction-Osmangunj-Sanker Bagh and Seena Hotel-Ajantha Gate near Exhibition Grounds-Abkari Lane-Taj Island-Barthan Bazar-AR Petrol Pump at KLK Building
Chapel Road entry-Gadwal Centre at GPO-Shalimar Theatre-Gunfoundry-Skyline Road entry-Bharat Scouts & Guides Junction in Domalaguda-Kalanjali at Police Control Room-Liberty Junction- GHMC office Y junction-BRK Bhavan junction near Telugu Thalli Junction-Iqbal Minar-Ravindra Bharathi-Dwaraka Hotel Junction-Khairatabad Junction (Visweswaraiah Statue) – Children’s Park- Viceroy Hotel junction-Kavadiguda Junction-Katta Maisamma Temple at Lower Tank Bund-Indira Park Junction.
Traffic is not to be allowed to enter Necklace Road and Upper Tank Bund from Karbala Maidan, Buddha Bhavan, Sailing Club, Nallagutta Junction. The traffic is going to be diverted at the following points from 6 am on September 18 to 8am on 19 Sept:
CTO-YMCA-Paradise Crossroads-Patny Crossroads-Bata Crossroads-Adavaiah Crossroads- Ghansmandi Crossroads.
People coming for to watch Ganesh idol immersion need to park their vehicles at the following places.
Institute of Engineers at Khairatabad Junction-MMTS station at Khairatabad-Anand Nagar Colony to RR Dist ZP office, backside of Buddha Bhavan-Goseva Sadan-Lower Tank Bund-Katta Maisamma Temple-NTR Stadium-Nizam College-Public Gardens.
Trucks after immersion
Trucks after immersion have to go to the destination through Necklace Rotary, Khairatabad flyover, VV statue, KCP and onwards, and are not being allowed to go towards Telugu Talli statue or Mint Compound road.
During the peak hour, RTC buses will not be allowed in the following areas toward Hussainsagar Lake:
Masab Tank (Mehdipatnam buses)-VV Statue (Kukatpally buses)-CTO, Plaza-SBH-Clock Tower- Chilkalguda Crossroad (Secunderabad buses).
Ramanthapur TV studio-Gaddiannaram-Chaderghat (Dilsuknagar buses)-Danamma Huts (Rajendranagar buses)-IS Sadan (Midhani buses)-YMCA Narayanaguda (Inter-city special buses)- Tarnaka ( RTC buses will not be allowed beyond Tarnaka Junction towards Jamai Osmania flyover).