The Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board (HMWS&SB) has decided to extend One Time Settlement (OTS) scheme by waiving the entire interest amount to both private and government defaulters coming forward to clear their long pending dues. Following are important points:
- Private defaulters with long pending dues will be given Full interest waiver to private defaulters with long pending dues is to be given, provided they pay before 31 January, 2014. For government departments, the time limit with full interest waiver is 31 March 2014.
- The total amount of dues from government departments and from the private consumers is about Rs 878.99 crore (principal – Rs 583.80 crore interest – Rs 295.19 crore).
- At present arrears of consumers excluding government departments is about Rs 688.36 crore (interest component Rs 241.86 crore).
- The defaulters number around 2.5 lakh of a total of 7.80 lakh domestic consumers having 15mm diameter size connections (Rs 194.79 crore).
- Of these, about 27,500 are non-domestic/commercial consumers with 20mm diameter and bigger size (Rs 47.07 crore).
- The number of defaults from government is about 899 with total dues of Rs 190.63 crore (interest Rs 53.33 crore).
- The water board is to give interest waiver of Rs. 20,000 to consumers who clear their entire amount with a single payment.
- Apart from head office at Khairatabad, general managers of all 16 divisions of GHMC will have the authority to settle cases under OTS.
Source – New Indian Express