Qubani Ka Meetha – A Royal Hyderabadi Delicacy
Prepared with dried apricots, Qubani ka meetha is a famous sweet dish of Hyderabad. This sweet dish is the common feature of Hyderabadi weddings. It is a very simple recipe, and the best part is that it can be prepared at home easily with less effort and a few ingredients.
Here is a simple way to prepare Qubani ka meetha.
Dried Apricots (Qubani) – 250 gms
Sugar – 1 cup (you can add more depending on how sweet the apricots are)
- First wash the apricots and soak it in water in deep bowl overnight.
- Next day, slit the sides of soaked apricots, remove seeds from the soaked apricots, break open the seeds, remove the nuts (similar to almonds) from them and keep it aside.
- In a non stick vessel or pan, boil the apricots in the same water.
- Add sugar and cook on medium flame stirring occasionally till the apricots becomes soft.
- Once done, let it cool down. Pour half of the boiled apricots in the blender and blend it.
- Pour the blended apricot paste and other half cooked apricots back in to the vessel/pan. Cook for 5-10 minutes till it reaches desired thickness. Add water if required.
- Taste to check for sugar. If required, add more.
- Then add the nuts to the prepared Qubani ka meetha.
- Serve chilled with cream, custard or malai.
- For quick preparation, you can pressure cook the soaked apricots with the same syrup.
- Try with ice cream.
- Tastes best when eating chilled
- Cook it in a non stick vessel/cooker
“Simplicity is the essence of this dish”, give a try to enjoy this temptation at home.