Engineering Counseling in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh – 2015
The Andhra Pradesh (AP) Reorganisation Act declared that both telugu speaking states should conduct eamcet exam jointly for 10 years, but both the states have conducted their own entrance tests independently. Telangana entrance exam was conducted on 14-05-2015 and AP entrance exam was conducted on 08-05-2015.
The Telangana government said that it will look after the students (reimbursement of fee) of Telangana irrespective of the state they apply for.
The eligibility criteria for applying to Telangana/AP state entrance is that the candidates should belong to the state of Telangana/AP and they should satisfy local/Non local status as per the requirements laid down in the Telangana/AP Educational institutions(Regulations of admission) order, 1074 as subsequently amended.
Engineering counseling status report for AP and Telangana
|Total number of seats in engineering stream||86, 313||1,20,572|
|Number of management seats||20, 109||22, 000|
|Number of students appeared for exam||1,28,162||1,67,000|
|Number of students cleared the exam||1,04,373||93, 930|
|Number of students attended counseling||62, 777||73, 072|
|Number of seats unfilled||26, 695||57, 382|
|Percentage of seats allotment to non local students||15.00%||15.00%|
Total number of seats available in engineering stream
- In Telangana, 86,313 engineering seats are available in 149 colleges.
- In AP, 1,20,572 engineering seats are available in 326 colleges.
Number of management seats
- A total of 20,109 management seats are available in Telangana colleges and 22,000 in AP colleges.
Number of students appeared for engineering entrance
- About 1,39,636 candidates applied for the entrance but only 1,28,162 took the test in engineering stream according to a report of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University-Hyderabad, which has been assigned the task of conducting EAMCET – 2015 of Telangana State.
- 1,67,000 students appeared the Engineering entrance of AP. The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University-Kakinada is assigned the task of conducting EAMCET-2015.
- Nearly, 15,827 students from AP appeared for Telangana engineering entrance and 8,359 students from Telangana appeared for APF entrance.
Number of students cleared the exam
- 1,04,373 candidates have cleared the engineering entrance from 1,28,162 who appeared. The total number of seats available in the engineering stream are 8,61,85.
- In 1,04,373 candidates, 79,043 are from osmania university region who cleared the engineering entrance.
- In AP, 93,930 students have cleared the entrance exam.
- The qualifying marks for the exam is 25% of total marks of the exam. That is 40 marks are required to qualify the exam out of 160 marks. This is same for both the states.
Number of students who attended the engineering counseling
- At the end of Telangana engineering counseling verification process only 62,777 students have attended the document verification process out of 1,04,373 who have cleared the engineering entrance 2015.
- At the end of AP Engineering counseling document verification process only 73,072 students have attended the counseling out of 93,930 who cleared the entrance exam.
- In case of Osmania university region only 58,906 students have attended the counseling out of 79,043. Rest of the students who didn’t attend the counseling might be from AP or non locals.
- Telangana Engineering Admission officer Srinivas announced that among top 30,000 rankers only 22,337 students have attended the counseling and the rest students about 7,623 might be migrated to the neighboring states or opted for IITs, NITs and IIITs.
Number of seats unfilled in the counseling
- At the end of the second phase of seat allotment in the convenor quota of the Telangana engineering counseling, 26,695 seats are left unfilled. In Ap Engineering counseling at the end of second phase allotment, 57,382 seats were unfilled.
- Even the well known colleges in the districts of Karimnagar and Khammam couldn’t attract the students which are known for their good placement records in the past.
- The major reason behind unfilled seats is due to the confusion created by JNTU, Hyderabad with the name of inspections in the colleges and canceling the approval of some colleges.
Percentage of seats allotted to the non local students
- The government of Telangana and AP are providing 15% of seats reserved for non local students.
- However, this 15% seats reservation is not only for Telangana and AP students but also for students of other states.
Local and Non local status of the students
- If he/she studies in an Educational Institution for four consecutive academic years in the particular state then that student comes under local category of that state and receives all benefits from that state.
- If any student of Ap/Rayalaseema presently staying in Telangana and pursued his/her education in the Ap/Rayalaseema for four consecutive academic years cannot be a local candidate of Telangana. This applies vice-versa for the telangana students too.
Number of colleges lost their affiliations
- The Telangana government has canceled the affiliations of 174 engineering colleges due to the lack of infrastructure and violating the norms of All India Council of Technical Education(AICTE). With this, nearly one lakh seats got reduced.