Indian Republic Day Celebrations 2016
We all know, this year India will be celebrating 67th Republic day on Tuesday, January 26th, 2016. It is a common practice that the preparations start one month before in New Delhi, and the full dress official rehearsal will take place few days prior to the actual event. The Republic day celebrations of 2016 are going to be even more special than the previous years because the Indian Government has planned to launch a new action plan for the ‘Start Up India, Stand Up India’ campaign which is expected to provide lot of job opportunities for Indian youth. There are more interesting topics that the Indian Government is going to emphasize this year like maintaining cleanliness in the neighborhood areas and statues of great personalities. The whole festivity is a ticketed event and those who like to visit can buy them until January 25th by spending Rs 500 for reserved seats, and Rs 100, Rs 50 and Rs 20 for unreserved seats.
Tips for attending Grand Parade:
- As scheduled, the main flag hoisting event will take place at 9 AM followed by other principal celebrations which will last for another three hours. Try to reach the destination before scheduled time because all entrances get closed before the National Anthem starts.
- As this is the largest public event, you can expect strict security checks and heavy traffic congestion along Rajpath road. Do not carry any electronic devices with you as they are not allowed inside the event and in case if have any cell phone or camera with you, leave it behind in the vehicle.
What is special about 2016 parade:
- The Republic day parade of 2016 will take place as scheduled from Raisina Hill near Rashtrapati Bhavan following the route of Rajpath, past India Gate and on to the Red Fort. French President Francois Hollande has been confirmed as the chief guest for this event and for the first time in the history that French soldiers will be participating in the parade joining the Indian troops in marching.
- This year the Central Government has decided to relieve some paramilitary forces as well as the Delhi Police from the marching units. During the event, only the Border Security Force (BSF) of Bangladesh and Pakistan borders, Assam Rifles of Myanmar borders and Railways Police Force (RPF) will be taking part in the marching units. Unlike last year, the national government has called for ladies-only contingent from the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) to participate in the military marching.
- For the first time in 26 years, about 36 Indian Army dogs including 24 Labradors and 12 German Shepherds will be taking part in the Republic Day Parade with their handlers. Also this is the first time ever happened in the Indian history that the iconic BSF ( Border Security Force ) camel contingent performance has been canceled from the event.
You may also like to read:
Flag Hoisting on Independence Day and Republic Day in India
Indian Flag – Do’s & Don’ts
Important Facts about Indian Republic Day
Indian Flag must be in Khadi of Cotton, Silk or Woolen material