According to the new Andhra Pradesh Building Rules – 2012, the department of municipal administration and urban development has announced Skyscraper Zones in different circles of the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation.
The new regulation states that the building permissible in the identified Skyscraper Zones should be
- With a minimum height of 36 meters (12 floors) and above
- With a minimum plot size of 4,000 sq metres and the
- Minimum width of approach road should be of 24 metres
The identified skyscraper zones are as follows
- Areas along the inner ring road and outside the erstwhile MCH limits
- Gachibowli, Raidurg, Khajaguda, Manikonda
- Kollur, Edulanagupallii, Velimella, Nanakramguda, Gopannapalli
- Areas south of the international airport – Mankhal, Bagh Mankhal, Harshagudem
- APHB Singapore township – Rampaly and Ghatkesar
- Nallagandla, Tellapur
- Miyapur, Aminpur, Sultanpur
- All sites abutting proposed 29 Radial Roads outside erstwhile MCH limits
- All along the Outer Ring Road within 500 metres on either side in areas other than those covered in GOMs 111
- One-km radius from MMTS stations located outside erstwhile MCH limits
Areas prohibited for constructing high-rise buildings
- Kavadiguda, Bholakpur, Bakaram, Musheerabad, Zamistanpur, Azamabad, Bagh Lingampally, Ramnagar, Adikmet. Nallakunta, Shankar Math, Bagh Amberpet, Golnaka, Vidyanagar, Tilaknagar. Nimboliadda, Lingampally, Old MLA Quarters, Qutbiguda. Gowliguda, Sultanbazar, Koti, Jambagh, Troop Bazar, Malakunta, Goshamahal, Agapura, Mangalhat, Kazani Hospital.
- Part of Chintalbasti, Khairatabad, Punjagutta, Ameerpet, Second Lancer, Humayun Nagar, Ahmednagar, Masab Tank, Mallepally, Bazarghat, Niloufer Hospital, Shantinagar, Mehdipatnam, Gudimalkapur, Asifnagar, Afzalgunj, Begum Bazar, Bus Depot, Osmanshani, Feelkhana.
- Chitrani Theatre/Hill Fort, James Street, Bansilalpet, Bhoiguda, Kavadiguda, Regimental Bazar, Marredpally, Tukaram Gate, East Marredpally, Sitaphalmandi, Chilkalguda, Parsigutta, Lalapet, Lalaguda, Boudhanagar, Malkajgiri,, Kamalanagar, Khusaiguda Chandanagar, Lingampally, Kukatpally APHB Phases I & II
- Erstwhile MCH area – except plots abutting roads 30 metres and above wide, this condition will not be applicable. These areas include Kalasiguda, General Bazar, Avula Manda, Angreji Bazar, Ramgopalpet, Market Street, Monda Market, Ghas Mandi, Sivajinagar, Second Bazar, Secunderabad area ward Nos. I, (P) Blocks 1,2,3,4,5,6&7. Wards II, III, IV
- In Banjara hills and jubilee hills – Ward No. 8 Blocks 1, 2 and 3 (Part), Ward Nos. 4, 5, 11, 14 and 15 (complete), Ward Nos. 1 and 7 and 8 (Complete). Ward No. 3, Block Nos. 2, 3 and 4.
- Area around Charminar covered by Ward Nos. 20, 21, 22 and 23 complete.
- Falaknuma Area Covered by Ward No. 19 Block No. 4.
- Golconda Fort Area covered by Ward No. 9 Block Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 11
- Asmangadh area covered by Ward No 16, Block No 2.
- In outside the erstwhile MCH Area: All village settlement areas, areas covered by GO Ms.No.111 MA, dated 08.03.1996 (Protection of catchment areas of Osmansagar and Himayatsagar lakes), one km from the boundary of international airport, Shamsabad; one km from the boundary of all military airports and defence establishments