GHMC property tax should be paid once in every six months. The scheme of self-assessment of property tax was introduced during the year 1999-2000 to ensure complete transparency and openness in levy and collection of property tax and to enable taxpayers understand the basis of taxation and calculate the tax by themselves.
Property tax can be paid both online and offline.
- Online payment
- For online payment a 10 digit unique Property Tax Identification Number (PTIN), which is assigned to every tax payer is required (if you have an old 14 digit PIN number you can get your new number from the GHMC web page http://www.ghmc.gov.in/tax/ptlocalitysearchrep.asp
- By entering that new 10 digit PTIN number you can make online payments by visiting http://www.ghmc.gov.in using debit/credit card.
- Offline payment
- Direct cash payments can be made at different places like eSeva centres, State Bank of Hyderabad branches, AP Online Service centres, citizen service centres, through bill collectors, or you can also give a cheque/DD in favour of “Commissioner, GHMC”.
Rebates and penalties
- To encourage prompt payment of property tax GHMC came up with attractive programs. It will conduct a lucky draw for the tax payers who pay their taxes in time and will present 20 lakh prize amount to the lucky winner.
- To encourage the construction of green buildings in the city, GHMC recently came up with a new concept of offering tax incentives to the green buildings. It will offer tax incentives for the buildings with rooftop solar installations for heating and power back up and water harvesting facilities.
- However, for the late payments it will charge 2% extra on the bill for every month.
Assistance & grievance reporting
- For further help or for registering any complaints related to property tax you can call the GHMC helpline numbers 155304/1253, 040-23226982/23221978 or you can register your grievances online by clicking the grievance registration link on the GHMC homepage.
- In case your grievances or not addressed in time you can also contact
- Initial Contact- Tax Inspector/Deputy Municipal Commissioner/Advertisement Officer
- Second Contact – Zonal Additional Commissioner
- Third Contact – Additional Commissioner (F)/Commissioner, if complaint persists
Do you know:
How to Calculate GHMC Property Tax