With climate changing, the demand for cooling machines has been increasing. An air conditioner is quite a popular appliance and the sales of air conditioners have risen. However, air coolers are also gaining attention due to several factors. Quite different from an air conditioner yet serving the same purpose, this appliance is especially more popular in places with a hot and dry climate. Let’s take a look at the factors that are prompting customers to purchase air coolers over air conditioners.
- Economical: Prices happen to be a prime element, determining which appliance one would buy and air coolers are considerably cheaper than air conditioners. The major price difference for two appliances serving the same purpose has led many buyers to go for the cheaper one. Moreover, air coolers are also much cheaper to run as they consume less power. Choosing an air cooler over an air conditioner would help you save up to 80% on the electricity bills.
- Air quality: As mentioned earlier, air conditioners and air coolers work in completely different ways. While air conditioners keep circulating the air already present inside a closed room, air coolers draw in air from the outside, cools them and throws them out. Naturally, the quality of air from air-coolers is much better than that from air conditioners, as it doesn’t become stagnant. Unlike an air conditioner for which you have to keep all the doors and windows shut, an air cooler requires at least one opening to maintain a supply of fresh air and prevent the accumulation of humidity.
- Portable: While air conditioners are heavy and cannot be moved around, air coolers are portable and can be easily moved from one room to another. Air coolers are also much easier to install, with no additional arrangements needed. This not only makes the process easy but also saves on the installation charges.
- Eco-friendly: It is a well-known fact that ACs emit CFCs and HCFCs, which harm the environment. Air coolers, on the other hand, do not emit release such gases making it an eco-friendly appliance. As the pollution in the environment is becoming a worrying issue, air coolers are providing a way to enjoy a comfortable temperature without causing much harm.
- Machinery: An air cooler comes with a far smaller number of sensitive components and simpler ways of functioning as compared to air conditioners. This implies that they also have much lesser chances of getting internally damaged and repairing costs are comparatively lower. The simplicity is another factor which is causing many buyers to go for coolers.
- Comfort: As mentioned above, using air conditioners results in the stagnancy of air within the room, which might make one uncomfortable. The constant circulation of fresh air from a cooler is usually more suited to comfort levels. Moreover, air conditioners often turn the air too dry, which may result in skin irritations. An air cooler maintains humidity by constantly adding moisture to the air. For those who suffer from asthma or allergies, it is recommended to pick an air cooler over an air conditioner.
While air coolers are a much more economical, eco-friendly, and convenient alternative, air conditioners do have their utility too. However, with more and more people becoming aware of the benefits of air coolers over air conditioners, it is gaining popularity.