HR and recruitment services firm Talent Management Institute conducted a survey on 328 engineering graduates in Hyderabad and Secunderabad. The participants in the survey are B.Es/ B.Techs from different engineering branches with 0-5 year experience.
The following are the high-lights of the survey:
- 98.4% Hyderabad Engineering graduates are willing to join SMEs.
- 90.8% of of the graduates surveyed believe SMEs are good places to work at. This is because SMEs help them have ‘a work-life balance, a friendly work-culture and faster career growth.’
- 46% of the participants say large companies are not good to work at. There is unhealthy competition, absence of job security and working hours are long.
- 23% of the surveyed say the top reason to take up a job is the challenging nature of responsibilities associated with the job.
- Only 16% of the surveyed say proximity to home is the top reason to take up a job.
It is said, the new findings are a good thing for SMEs, and they should promote the advantages of working in SME sector, and the consequent benefits employers may offer to employees.
Source – Economic Times